SUPPORTING WOMEN IN OUR COMMUNITY!
In partnership with the Martha Jefferson Hospital Foundation, the 2020 Keeper for the Cure Campaign will support breast cancer treatment and prevention programs at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital’s Philips Cancer Center. 100% of every gift will directly impact the lives of local women in our community in their fight against breast cancer by making possible programs such as:
- Free Breast Health Screening Days where hundreds of women over the years have received access to mammograms and clinical breast exams;
- Marianne’s Room at the Philips Cancer Center where women are provided with free wigs, scarves and image recovery support;
- The High Risk Breast Cancer Center, which each year identifies approximately 1,000 women each year as high-risk for developing breast cancer
- Caring Embrace shawls knitted by community volunteers to keep patients warm during their chemotherapy treatments
- Therapeutic massage to ease pain
Your gift will make programs like these possible—thus making life better for the brave women in our community who are fighting cancer. COVID-19 has presented great challenges for us all, underscoring the importance of our remaining focused on protecting our community’s health and supporting life-saving programs at Sentara Martha Jefferson.